Friday, May 6, 2011

Crapola


So, yesterday, I had to completely bail on "game night" due to illness. Which sucks, because it is the one night a week I get to indulge myself in my preferred form of entertainment (I'd give up movies, TV, and music concerts most evenings if it meant I could be gaming).

But priorities are priorities and I have a fairly busy agenda for this weekend (starting today!) and my health was imperative...I left work, only staying as long as I did because yesterday was the deadline for a particular project. I took off as soon as it was finished.

So, yes...after 16 or so hours of sleep (with a couple breaks to get up and feed beagles), I am feeling much more like my non-contagious self. Which is good because it gave me a chance to hold my son for a couple hours this morning after not saying more than "hello" and "good night" to him yesterday.

Still, it sucks...now I'll have to wait a whole 'nother week to get my orc scenario out. And I had so wanted to blog about orcs this week; astute readers of my blog may have noticed that I haven't had a single orc show up...as far as I can recall...in ANY of my D&D games over the last 2-3 years. What's up with that? Well may you ask...we'll see if I post about it in the coming days.

ALSO, I completely missed the opportunity to play War of the Mecha! UGH! UGH! UGH!

Talk about having an itch you can never seem to scratch.

Just as well, I'm about to release War of the Mecha 2.0 anyway. Or maybe I should call it "Revised," or possibly "2E." It's pretty much the same game but the mecha construction has been altered and updated so that now mecha will actually more resemble the mecha of the Known (i.e. Inner) Sphere. My previous version was a little "wonky" in this regard. That will be a separate post later today, perhaps.

All right, all right...time to hop in the shower and get on with the day. Happy gaming, folks!
: )

5 comments:

  1. Reality truly bites, my compatriot in gaming...rage against the dying of the light, and all that! The game shall rise again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about "War of the Mecha 2.0." (I say 2.o for a sci-fi game, 2E for fantasy. :) )

    Also, good to hear that your beagles took priority over you lazing around in bed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anthony: Everyone eats at my house.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can truly relate. Stay well and may you get some gaming time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, keep yourself on the healthy side of things and you can get a game in just one week. You'll find yourself wondering where the time went so quickly.

    Revising the mecha design rules? I'm curious to see what you thought needed fixing. Find out soon enough, I guess.

    ReplyDelete