Friday, January 20, 2012

Treasure It

I know there are those chomping at the bit for the next chapter o Land of Ice and I've got the first seven pages written (I'm just writing this thing in order folks, as it comes to me). Unfortunately, I do have to rewrite a couple paragraphs in the middle regarding magic item use and identification before I can start the Chapter 7 posts and I do NOT have time for that right now, as my wife and I prepare our house for the celebration of our son's FIRST BIRTHDAY!

Yes, Diego turned one yesterday (the 19th) and I forgot to mention it because...well 'cause I'm a dumb-dumb I guess. I DID sing happy birthday to him twice yesterday (once at 4am when I was trying unsuccessfully to put him back to sleep...it was a loooong day yesterday). And anyway, the party is tomorrow and that's what's on my mind now.

So stay tuned; I'll get the next chapter up on the blog as soon as I'm able. It's been a crazy week, people!
; )

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your son. I know those late nights very well. My daughter is 2 1/2 and I can tell you that they still wake up in the middle of the night. It's not as common, but that actually makes it worse because they trick you into thinking that they're going to sleep through the night and then they don't and you're not prepared for it. My daughter was up between 3 and 5 am last night, waking roughly every 10-15 minutes with a variety of excuses (water, potty, more blankets, etc.) Sigh.

    Anyway, have fun! But yeah... More Land of Ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, it's 3am and I'm just now going to bed (was hanging streamers...or trying to, I'm not much of a decorator). The wife? Well, the baby just woke up again.
    *sigh*

    Still enjoying parenthood, though.
    : )

    (now if only the beagles would let me sleep past 5am)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! they do eventually grow out of it (mine are 9 and 12) - but then you miss the times when they were babies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little guy! We have a son who just turned 1 on January 2nd, so I can totally relate. We also have a boy (15) and girl (12) who are MUCH older. Although they're a lot fun as teens, treasure those baby times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, folks. Just got finished with the party and it was a blast for all involved; now, those of us remaining are going to veg and watch 'Top Chef' reruns.

    Wow, that was the largest party I've hosted that didn't have alcohol since I was 8 years old (when I took my 2nd grade class to McDonalds for my birthday). This turned out to be much more fun, but I could sure use a drink...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top Chef is awesome! My wife and I have watched since Season 1.

    We always have a few beers or wine at our "kid parties" for the adults. Nobody gets wasted - we're too old for that. We just don't drink soda or punch. Our "dinner drink" is almost always a glass of wine. I'm finishing off a glass of Zinfandel as I write this.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete