Wednesday, March 4, 2015

More Amazing, Non-Gaming Nostalgia

Did you folks know they were going to start up Twin Peaks again?! Holy shit!

A limited season (9 episodes) is scheduled to air on Showtime in 2016. David Lynch and Mark Frost (the original creators) are doing all the writing and Lynch will be doing all the directing. Wow...that is just soooo cool in a way that most people that aren't at least my age just won't get. Original cast members will be returning (including Kyle MacLachlan).

Talk about "geeking out;" I might just need to subscribe to Showtime!

Twin Peaks came out in 1990 when I was 17 and in high school. I was a fan, but due to extracurricular activities (it was a late night show), I missed much of it during its original broadcast. Still, I saw plenty, and like most folks was mightily disappointed when the show was cancelled after the 2nd season finale (leaving a very uncomfortable cliffhanger...that episode I watched). In later years, I was able to acquire and watch the whole series...first on video, then on DVD, and most recently on streaming Netflix a few years back when I introduced the show to my wife. She loved it, of course...so I forced her to stop watching before the last episode. I know what it does to people.

Hell, since the show was filmed in my home state, I've been to many of the fine shooting locations. It's been a while since I've had pie at the diner out in North Bend, but it was good the last time I was there.

Anyway...

It's an exciting prospect. Sorry, I know I seem like quite the television junkie these days. But saying "no" to more Twin Peaks is like saying no to a second slice of cherry pie. And I love cherry pie.
; )

"Excuse me...this is a damn fine cup of coffee."

1 comment:

  1. i think there might be a few o's missing in "soooo".

    this is excellent news indeed!

    ReplyDelete