Thursday, August 6, 2015

Starting Over

Or, perhaps more appropriately, Where To Start?

I've sold 56 books over the last six months (February through July). Almost all of these have been electronic sales, not print. While that's a nice chunk of change, I certainly can't pay the mortgage on a $100 per month. So what's an unemployed guy going to do to up his earnings? Get a job, natch.

Not that I need to pay the mortgage at the moment...part of our incentive for living in Paraguay is enough extra pay to cover our Seattle expenses despite me leaving my employment. However, we will be returning to Seattle at some point, and when we do, I'm going to need to pull my own weight. Child care costs in the USA being what they are. SO...

I'm looking into it.

In the meantime, I'm entering what I hope is a new phase of my existence as a writer/publisher. I don't want to clutter the blog with a bunch of blah-blah-blah about the nuts-and-bolts of publishing...I prefer this to remain a space for my creative ramblings and musings on games, design, and related stuff, even if that's a bunch of "blah-blah-blah," too. BUT...I might be doing some solicitation in the near future as I explore the possibilities available to RBG (Running Beagle Games). Just FYI.

Okay...that's the recent news. My boy started "real school" (kindergarten) this week, so I might have a little more time on my hands. Of course, football season is kicking off soon and I've agreed (happily) to help my buddy Steve-O co-manage a fantasy football league...we'll see if my usual OCD rears its ugly head and cuts into the little free time I've got.

Ya. Mas tarde.

3 comments:

  1. Just got to buying the 5AK PDFs yesterday. Looking forward to seeing what you publish next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ynas:

      Ha! Thanks for the encouragement...and the business!
      : )

      Delete